Asteroid Science in the Age of Hayabusa2 and OSIRIS-REx
Meeting Location and Dates
We are happy to announce the Asteroid Science in the Age of Hayabusa2 and OSIRIS-REx workshop scheduled for November 5-7, 2019 at the University of Arizona in Tucson, AZ.
Purpose and Scope
The workshop provides an opportunity to summarize our understanding of near-Earth asteroids, following the Hayabusa2 and OSIRIS-REx encounters with Ryugu and Bennu. The organizers invite contributions spanning all relevant research on small bodies in the solar system, including comets, asteroids, meteors, meteorites, and returned samples. Presentations discussing observations, laboratory work, theoretical investigations, and future mission concepts are welcome. We plan special sessions on International Collaboration in Solar System Exploration and Sample Analysis Techniques. Participants are invited to suggest additional special topics.
Dante S. Lauretta
University of Arizona
University of Tokyo
Observatoire de Cote d’Azur
The conference will include invited oral talks, contributed oral talks, and contributed posters.
Indication of Interest
IMPORTANT: To be added to the mailing list to receive pertinent information about this conference and to indicate your interest in participating, please submit an Indication of Interest by July 5, 2019.
Call for Abstracts
Abstract Deadline — Friday, September 6, 2019, 5:00 p.m. U.S. Mountain Standard Time (GMT -7)
- No late abstracts will be accepted, regardless of the reason.
- Abstracts sent by e-mail will not be considered.
- Abstracts are limited to two pages.
- All abstracts must be submitted in PDF format.
- All abstracts must be submitted in U.S. letter size format (8.5” × 11”) and include a one-inch margin on all four sides; A4 submissions will be rejected by the system.
- Abstract file sizes must be no larger than 3 MB; larger files will be automatically rejected by the system.
Note: Most abstracts will be presented by poster unless selected for oral presentation by the program committee.
Registration will be opening soon. Please check back.
A room block has been reserved at the Marriott Tucson University Park. This hotel is located at 880 E 2nd St, Tucson, AZ 85719. You may book a room at the base rate of $94/night rate by using this link or entering group code "ACHACHA" You can also call the general reservation line at 520-792-4100 and reference "UA Asteroid Science" for the group rate. The rate is available between November 3, 2019 and November 9, 2019. The deadline to make reservations at the $94 nightly rate is Friday, October 4, 2019 at 17:00 MST.
For further information regarding the scientific content of the conference:
Lunar and Planetary Laboratory, University of Arizona
- Indication of Interest deadline: July 5, 2019
- Abstract deadline: September 6, 2019
- Program and abstracts available on this website: October 4, 2019
- Early registration deadline: October 11, 2019
- Standard registration deadline: October 30, 2019
- Asteroid Science in the Age of Hayabusa2 and OSIRIS-REx: November 5-7, 2019
Indication of Interest
Please provide the following information regarding your intent to attend the conference by July 5, 2019.